Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Surreal people.

In American Shaolin, Matthew meets some pretty surreal people. Wether it's the genius/crazy man Mikael, or the Iron crotch master coach Dong, there are some people in his memuars that seem to surreal to exist. But beleive me, people like that do exist. I've met them. I was once in the Galleria, going to barnes and noble (I read more than I should) and saw a woman sketching simply amazing artwork. From abstract to classical she had it all. I asked her about it, complimenting her on the work. We struck up a conversation. And then it got weird. She knew things about me I'd shared with nobody else, and I mean nobody. No, she wasn't a stalker. She couldn't've been. Why? She showed me her driver's liscence. It was from Hawaii. Shortly after, she left. I never saw her again. But she is confirmation to me that there are people far beyond the ordinary.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Wow that is really interesting!! Its very hard to believe there are people out their like that!! But it is great that you had an experience like that which helped you connect to the book.