Friday, October 10, 2008

Bhuddists... with laser swords!

I was reading Siddhartha when the thought hit me. There was another group, another people I knew of which had many of the same values. They meditate to control their emotions, they beleive that all living things are unified, and some of them have even acheived Nirvana. I am talking about the jedi. I shuffled through the bookshelf a book I'd gotten for my birthday: Jedi Vs. Sith: the Essential Guide to the Force ( Offical )(http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_vs._Sith:_The_Essential_Guide_to_the_Force)
and what do you know, the beleifs of buddhists and jedi mix very well. The bhuddist way of living an life of detachment and meditation is exactly like the Jedi's who all must live with only one physical item: their lightsaber. Buddhist mediate constantly to control thought, and so do the Jedi, to control the force. Nirvana has been achieved by many jedi (google force ghosts) And the way the Bhuddists beleive in balance is very very simillar to the jedi keeping the balance between dark and light

No comments: